BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pirate and Princess Party!

...Hey rah rah rah Hey rah rah rah Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse! Hey rah rah rah Hey rah rah rah Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse! Well the whole world wants to wish you Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse!
*******************************************************************************
Today is my 21st birthday. My boyfriend and one of my very best friends Allison planned THE most amazing Disney surprise EVER!

So I went to my boyfriend's room tonight just before midnight (we're in the same dorm a floor apart at Boston University's Myles Standish Hall), and he says "I have something for you chica."
He hands me a TREASURE MAP and a bandanna wrapping something up!

I open the bandanna and it's a pirate skull and cross bones pattern. I run to the mirror to tie it around my head. Wrapped inside is a note, written in DISNEY FONT that says:

Good morning Princess Ashlie, and Happy Birthday to you!
Pleasant dreams I hope you had (with Aurora in blue).
This morning you'll be treated to a birthday surprise.
You'll be given lots of clues, so keep open your eyes.
Three treasures you'll seek, hoping to loot.
(Much like those pirates who don't give a hoot).
Your hunt begins now, not a moment to spare!
For your first clue you must knock...if you dare!

A big mickey head is sitting at the bottom of the page.

So I am FREAKING out with excitement at this point and I go running out of the room and my boyfriend stops me and says 1)You should know Allison (my friend) had a LOT to do with this and 2)your first stop is here in the closet. Here, open it."
Inside is THE coolest princess bag you will EVER see...it's a pink CASTLE that has all the princesses on it and doors that OPEN (with none other than Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella inside). He left the sticker on it that says "Remove to Open Doors" so I could do it myself!!!
Attached to the bag is a blue Happy Birthday balloon with Mickey on it!!!

So I go running out the door again and he goes "You're going the wrong way chica!" (There's a million stairwells to get upstairs to my room where the treasure map said but he was RIGHT! I had to follow the map, of course!" So we get to my suite where Allison has her own little side door. X marks the spot, her door. So I take the note's dare and knock.

Allison opens the door. All smiles and looks so dressed up and pretty! And she hands me this amazing 3-D Disney cup (that my bf Charlie bought) and she goes "Um, shouldn't you be looking for the next clue?" and so I start looking all around the room and she coughs "Checkthecup." DUR, the clue is taped under the cup. So on a little piece of paper, in DISNEY writing again, it says:

We know that Snow White is the fairest of them all,
But what's behind the mirror on the wall?

Now the ONLY mirror you can look behind is the medicine cabinet in our bathroom so I go running to that and see this amazing little box wrapped in none other than PIRATE wrapping paper!!! The clue taped to it says:

Belle was delighted to be their guest,
But are you as curious to see what's in the chest?

So Allison says I can open the present from the cabinet. It's this GORGEOUS golden pin with a Mickey pendant hanging off. Looks JUST like me and is an AMAZING addition to my pin collection! So the only place with a CHEST is her room. She told me later that she wanted to make sure that when I went in her room the clue had to do with HER favorite princess, Belle. I immediately check the chest and get a SUPER cool Pirates gift bag that looks kinda like a chest. Inside is tons of crumpled up paper along with a Marie stuffed kitty from the Aristocats!!! Oh my Mickey Mouse, SO CUTE! So after a little guidance again I am unfolding half the papers in the bag to find the next clue. I finally find the one with MORE Disney writing on it that says:

Aurora was sent out, and told not to roam,
Than found a birthday surprise upon returning home!

Now MY home is clearly MY room in OUR suite (Allison and I live together with one other girl in a suite in case you didn't figure that out yet) and so I go running into my room and I SCREAMED because my ENTIRE room was COMPLETELY decorated.

My WHOLE HUGE FLOOR IS COVERED IN HOMEMADE MICKEY CONFETTI FROM A HOLE PUNCHER!

THERE ARE FIVE HUUUUGEEE DIFFERENT COLORED BALLOONS.

THERE IS A STREAMER GOING FROM ONE END OF MY ROOM TO THE OTHER WITH MICKEYS ALLLLL OVER IT TWISTED PERFECTLY!

ON MY BED IS A HUGE BOX WRAPPED IN PIRATE PAPER WITH A CARD AND PIRATE NAPKINS AND PLATES!!!

I was FREAKING...OUT. So I opened the card from Allison which was VERY sweet. Then I opened the gift, an Aurora snow globe to add to my snow globe collection. I...LOVE...IT.

Good gracious. Thennnn I opened my bf's present which was the princess bag (I was saving it). One awesome birthday card, and then another which was ARIEL SINGING PART OF YOUR WORLD which HAPPENED to be the song I sang at an AUDITION for BEAUTY AND THE BEAST at school tonight!!! (Which was an epic fail, but whatevs, I'm too happy to dwell on that now). Inside were MORE balloons to blow up (mini ones this time), party poppers,Tangerine Altoids (I love those, haha), and a BU shot glass (it IS my 21st after all). It was the "Princess Party Bag."

SO
AMAZINGLY
COOL!

Then I turned on "Celebrate You" by Corbin Bleu and "Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it!" parade for the next hour or so and ran around enthusing about everything. I took pics and will take more tomorrow and try to put up a slide show at some point.

This was SO incredibly thoughtful and amazing of the two of them I cannot even BELIEVE it. Allison is a Disney COMPLETE fanatic like me so she was the one who wrote all the clues and made a huge majority of the magic happen. But my bf also bought the balloons and carried them through Yawkey Way (which is where Fenway Park is) DURING a Red Sox game so it was SO crowded.

I cannot enthuse enough nor thank them enough. I will never be a good enough friend to live up to this...but I will CERTAINLY TRY.

Thank you again, Allison and Charlie. I am SO grateful to you both and I love you guys.

Goodnight Disney followers! I'm off to Neverland!

PS - I forgot to mention that in February of 2008 I went to Walt Disney World and they had a Pirate and Princess Party and I didn't get to go and ALWAYS wanted to...then they got rid of that special night at the WDW parks. Tonight, I had my own completely magical Pirate AND Princess Party of my own with my friends. I am SO lucky.

PPS - Forgive the overly-excited nature of this post. It was just a magical moment I will never forget and I am writing it the same night everything happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment