BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Ma'am, this show is FULL!!!"


She hated this one part of Disney. It could ruin an entire day............MEAN Cast Members. They were few and far between. They showed up only once every few trips.Today, she was a red-head.

It was the Turtle Talk with Crush attraction. SINCE WHEN WAS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW MANY PEOPLE COULD COME INTO THE SHOW???

Whatever, she'd be off to the bathroom and back before anyone missed her.

Cept, the gate was closed. That's ok, just let the CM know you were here and that's your family right on the other side...

Ooorrrrr, not.

"Hi, could you please open the gate and let me in?"
"I'm sorry ma'am, this show is full."
"Oh I know, that's my family over there...I was here."
"Ma'am, this show is FULL!"

The CM angrily stalks away, leaving the girl fuming and debating climbing over the silver railing. Her whole family had witnessed the scene, as had other horrified CMs.

Another, marginally more pleasant, CM came over and explained that they always left room for a few extras, that the girl could come in, but they normally wouldn't do this.

Well...just about the whole family was in an uproar. So was the girl. Forget Turtle Talk with
Crush...she'd watch it another day with more pleasant CMs who WANTED HER THERE! She would march up to that CM, ask her name, and send her PACKING by the time she talked to her supervisor.



...But the girl didn't say a word. As her family ranted and raved, she thought about how much pressure the mean CM must be under. Maybe this was one of her first shifts and she had been told to keep the number strict no matter what. Maybe something awful had gone on in her personal life. Maybe she was just having a bad day. She didn't deserve to lose her job or be severely punished after a bad incident with a plethora of variables.

Slowly the girl's anger dissipated. Maybe it was the Disney atmosphere. Maybe it was just in her personality to think the best of people.

Anyways...crisis avoided...and all enjoyed Turtle Talk with Crush.

******************************************************************************************

So I went Christmas shopping tonight. And of course, what trip would be complete without a trip to...THE DISNEY STORE!?

There, I found a million things I wanted for me (none of them age appropriate nor would any of the princess dresses fit...sadness), but I also found a fantastic gift for my 2.5-year-old cousin.


And yes, I got it on sale.

Now a lot of people would think...WOW, a tea set for a toddler that young? But let me tell you...she is SMART!

And, I bought an instruction manual of sorts...a storybook called Belle's Tea Party.

I'd like to think that's a win :)

Anyways...to go along with the theme of my story today...

At the Disney Store there was a horrifyingly grumpy woman. Us customers were waiting and she didn't have any more change. She looked grumpy as could be and told the girl working to open the other register. The girl asked kindly if she could just go get an order from someone on the phone off the shelf quickly.

"NO. You can do that AFTER."

So the poor bewildered girl opens the other register and offers "Next in line?"

That was me. I felt SO bad for her.

I looked directly at the mean woman who was clearly having a bad night and said, half to cheer her up, half to reprimand her..."Smile!" No response, so quick pause, then..."You work at the Disney Store! You HAVE to smile!" She gives me a somewhat relieved smile, which quickly turned into a tight smile, and then a frown again. I gave up sadly and the poor cashier girl now says "It's been a long night."

"I can imagine," I mumbled sympathetically.

"You're all set. Have a magical holiday season!" the girl finished our transaction as cheerfully as she could. I was momentarily stunned and then with all the warmth I could muster I simply replied, "Thanks!...you too."

Then we left.

I did what I could, and you can't win 'em all.................................................but at least I got stickers out of the deal :D

Can't wait to be a perpetually happy CM!!! I hope someday someone will be merciful to me or try to cheer me up if I perchance happen to have a bad day...

Anyways, have a magical evening readers,

Ashlie

PS - Keep voting! The numbers between post about my everyday mundane life and simply posting more relevant things more often is close!

So today I posted a mundane thing and related it to Disney. Let me know what you think!

PPS - Please limit one vote per person...thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I saw the picture before reading and totally assumed those would be your dishes for the CP. Haha. Now I see how silly that is, but it would've been cute! Great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika...you've got my wheels turning...hmmmmm :) :) :) I like it. Now if only they were microwaveable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is salukfan from Disboard, lurking around.

    I've had to be the cast member in this situation. I mean, when there's 1600 people in the Festival of the Lion King Theatre that technically only holds 1425, ya gotta be the bad guy. :P Of course, I was never a jerk about it. No matter, I've ruined vacations, birthdays, trips to America, etc, just by following policy. It's part of the attractions gig, trust me.

    Now if the person had already been in the theatre and left, that should be different... but maybe not there. *shrug* I know at FOLK, we saved those spots...

    ReplyDelete