BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Just take your shoes off!"

...the girl's mother called to her children. Both had khaki or white shorts on. The rain had subsided, leaving enormous, not-so-shallow puddles making the walk back from Epcot to the Beach Club treacherous after he (typical afternoon) torrential downpour. Instead of daintily slipping around the puddles and weaving their way around them, the children obeyed their mother's wishes, took their shoes off, and then ran around, not avoiding the puddles, but splashing in every one they could find.

The water sprayed like a mini bomb as they slammed their two feet down at the same time. The warmth splashed up around their ankles, knees, and even hit their shorts, leaving little brown spots all over their shorts.

They did it because it was fun. They got wet and filthy just because it was warm and they could. And the girl, who was now, didn't care about the wandering eyes staring in her glee-filled direction. It was her time to be as childish as she wished. She was at Disney World...and she was completely happy.
******************************************************************************************
"Zeus-y....I'm HOOME"
~Hades, Hercules

I MADE IT!!! Somehow I always end up forgetting how much I love it here. I was afraid of getting to MCO and saying..."No, I don't want to go home, but change is really scary for me and I'm not excited at all." That wasn't quite the case. I more likely danced off the plane and couldn't wipe the smile from my face. This is my home just as much as home in Massachusetts. When we hit Disney Property, it was like greeting my oldest, best friend. I feel amazing here...my best really. I want to be friendly, happy, and kind all the time. What a fantastic way to feel and live. It's like splashing in the above-mentioned puddles every day (and yes, I will be physically repeating that activity, as well, when here, haha).

Today was a FANTASTIC day with my mom (who definitely helped with the happy/not-scared attitude)...and I will tell you ALLLLL about it, VLOG STYLE as soon as possible. Right now I am editing it...but I must go to sleep now...for I CHECK IN TOMORROW!!!

So the vlog is, unfortunately, going to have to wait.

PATTERSON HERE I COME! (I hope!)

Good night, my dear followers and friends. I cannot wait to meet you all.

Have magical dreams :)

5 comments:

  1. I love how you share stories from your childhood- it makes me think about all the memories I have from Disney World, too! I can't count the number of times my siblings would splash around in the fountains at EPCOT as we were heading out to leave.

    I check-in tomorrow, too. I CAN'T WAIT. I don't think I'll sleep at all tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear all about it! Oh my gosh, it says 1 DAY on your countdown! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant wait to hear about it, and your location and how checking in went. i enjoyed it, i hope you will too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your check-in went smoothly and was fabulous! Hanging out needs to happen soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a real talent for writing. It is something you should pursue. You have the gift to paint for the reader an intrinsic world with rich imaginative prose.

    Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete