BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

"Wake up, Ash...Mickey is waiting for you..."

...the girl groggily heard her mother's voice as she woke up her daughter in the dark morning. Both she and the girl's dad sat on the edge of the girl's bed...

Suddenly it registered..."Mickey"...her Disney idol.

"I KNEW IT!" she squealed and pulled the covers over her head. Smiles spread across her parents faces.

The girl pulled the covers down. "I told my friends that I wasn't sure...but I KNEW IT!" she was grinning from ear to ear and yanked the covers over her head again.

"We have to go wake up your brother..."
"CAN I DO IT??!!" she girl nearly leaped out of her bed, despite the hour being the stroke of 4am.
"Sure," they laughed.

The girl dropped her legs over the side of the bed and went running out of her room. She made a quick left and dashed into her brother's room where he lay sleeping peacefully in his bed.

"CHANDLER, CHANDLER...wake up! We're not really going to the Cape! WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
**************************************************************************************************
My parents would do anything for us. The older I get, the more I realize that. I guess you could say that we're spoiled...really spoiled. But you won't find children more appreciative than my brother and I.

In the story above, my parents had told us that we could not afford to go to WDW that year, after I had mentioned even earlier in the year that I had always wanted to go on a surprise trip...to not know until the morning of (think I like Disney commercials or what?). In order to trick us even more, my mom printed out a fake confirmation of our hotel down at Cape Cod and left it on the counter for us to discover a few weeks prior.

That brings us to today's news (actually it happened yesterday but I was very busy...)

MY MOM IS COMING WITH ME TO FLORIDA...and to CHECK-IN...and STAYING UNTIL FRIDAY!!!

I feel SO much more relieved and comforted. I don't feel so scared/nervous anymore! She's going to help me get settled and take me grocery shopping for my first real time and all that!

But that's not ALL the good news!

1) She's renting a car...that means no Mears Shuttle (lost $ on it, but we consider it the collateral I don't have to pay for the taxi). Now we have access to SO many more things via car!

2) We upgraded my room at the Regal Sun Resort. We are now staying Disney view on a high floor! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

3) I can Tweet/update here with a little more detail because I feel more secure not being stalked/if I am...my mommy can protect me :)

4) Mom is my very best friend and I'm not ashamed to say it. We are going to have an AMAZING time...PERIOD.

I would post a pic of her and I here, but she hates her pic on the Internet...

So instead, I'll just say...my Mom is the best mom in the WHOLE WORLD!

(*Whispers* "You can also see her in the slideshow on the sidebar from our last trip having fun...but don't tell her that." ;) )

Did I mention I'm going to Florida TOMORROW!?!?!?

Have a magical day!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats of that. I know that I came up with my mom and one of my sister and it was really helpful. (Especially when I went to my first orientation and came back to my room to discover that they had unpacked everything for meand got me all set up).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is my best friend as well, so I can totally relate.

    Can't WAIT for you to be here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're almost to Disney! My mom just told me she's going to help me move also and it is so much more comforting to know she'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such great news about your mom!! My mom is my best friend, too- so I totally understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes mom's are the most awesome people in the world. Period. My mom's going to drive me down if I get in and I am so glad!!! I've never really done the "go live on my own thing" and she's really supportive!
    Have so much fun checking in!!!! I (and probably several others) am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete