BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Welcome foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion...

...the little girl held her dad's hand and squeezed as close to him as she possibly could. She couldn't help but let her eyes wander to the pictures up on the wall as they seemed to stretch up. She was baffled and terrified at the same time.

"...There's no turning back now," maliciously laughed the ghostly voice.

Then, the lights went out, someone hung from the ceiling, and screamed. Bubbles of large, salty tears started rolling down her face.

"I don't want to go!!!" she bawled.

It was too late...the door room opened and she was ushered with the rest of the guests toward the Doom Buggies. What was to await her in that terrifying mansion? She would not know for many years, as she spent the entire ride with her head buried in her father's chest as she cried and cried and cried and he held her close, protecting her from the 999 Happy Haunts.
********************************************************************************************
The Haunted Mansion was my first stop on my MK adventures yesterday!

But let's back up a few steps...I have been sitting on my computer reading everyone's blogs/catching up with friends on FB & Twitter for the last hour and a half. I got up "early" (9:30am, haha!) so I would be productive on my day off! It's now 11:30am and I'm still in bed...way to be, Ash.

Basically, yesterday was yet ANOTHER magical day! I got to meet Jen, who I had basically only talked to on FB/Twitter and she was sooo nice! Finally found someone who is as OBSESSED with Disney as me. For you future CPers...be prepared for not everyone to love Disney as much as you do. Or not be as impressed by the magic. Because you can see the people who believe in it and the people who see it as just a fun place to be. Sure, they like Disney a lot, but they don't eat, sleep, live, and breathe Disney like you. Jen did yesterday with me. We thought almost the same things at the same times, gave each other Disney trivia that the other did not know (though that was difficult cuz a lot of responses to one another were "I know, cool right?" hahahaha), and had SO much fun!

Ashlie and Jen on Main Street, USA

We spent the day in MK doing everything! I rode Space Mtn for the first time since the refurb! (Which, btw...is exactly the same except for some lights, some pictures, some games, and the
gates where you enter the ride...yeah...it's not much of a difference at all. I was relieved and disappointed at the same time.) But we did all the major attractions plus some minor ones too. I rode the Tea Cups for the first time in my LIFE (Jen was nice enough to check on me when she was spinning it), and Jungle Cruise for the first time in so many years that I had forgotten about it all!

Ashlie at Mickey's Philharmagic and"The 3-D Glasses Pose"

Jen - before becoming a Space Cadet, 1st Class

Not to mention we saw the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade, the Move It, Shake It,
Celebrate It parade/danced in it, and part of Dream Along with Mickey too. :) Then we watched Wishes and booked it over to Epcot for Illuminations. I have GOT to stop doing that; it's exhausting! HAHA! But seriously...it's worth it.

Cinderella Castle, minutes before Wishes

I am looking forward to resort hopping...I want to swim in their pools, nap in their hammocks, and hang in their lobbies. There is DEFINITELY not enough time to do everything I want to do. Actually, there probably would be more if I stopped laying in bed until 11 on my days off...yeahhhh.

List of things to do today:

Cook myself dinner for the week (mmm, spaghetti with hamburger and Ragu sauce!)
Buy black sneakers
Work on my script
Defer financial aid loans (EW)
Do my Exit Counseling (DOUBLE EW!)

Yeah...I was gonna go to the MK to play, but I'm not sure I see that happening. We'll see....
Maybe I'll go over to the GF lobby and work on my script...that might be nice.

I'll let you guys know what I decide!!!

Until then...please gather your belongings and take small children by the hand. :)

Have a magical day!

PS - I just discovered that I can stick my camera memory stick RIGHT into my computer...which means be prepared for easy uploads and more pictures soon!

8 comments:

  1. Ashlie please tell me you are Spring Advantage so we can meet in like June. Or will be extending/PI-ing/something. We need to be Disney dorks together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Spring Advantage!!! Are you coming to WDW to visit/starting in Summer???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I loved your pictures! I want to resort hop too...haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had never ridden the tea cups?

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh haunted mansion. Gotta Love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know before you got too disappointed that you cannot resort-hop to the point of going in the pool. You can do everything else, but you can't swim in the pool unless you're a guest of that resort.

    You will get in trouble for it, and get kicked out. I don't know if they'll take further action than that in terms of your CP, but at the least you'll get kicked out of the pool.

    But you can still do everything else! I just wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Anonymous...thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind and stay dry at the resorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome. :P

    Swing in a hammock at the Poly for me.

    (And congrats on your assessment!)

    -ZeroToHero.

    ReplyDelete