BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

VIP Tour Guide for the Day

Today I played VIP Tour Guide for my little brother's girlfriend and her family. They had NEVER been to Walt Disney World or any other form of Disney (not even the adults!). They had Park Hoppers and wanted to see Magic Kingdom...AND Epcot! WHOAH! I had my work cut out for me. I got them special buttons and stickers, maps, times guides, and other special surprises! So from the time they got there around 10:45AM until the time they left around 10:35PM...we did...in order...

Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at the Main Street Bakery
Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Parade
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
Ice Cream Stop
Big Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan's Flight
Mickey's Philharmagic
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (got stuck, found a 100,000pt spot and maxed out my score! I was a Galactic Hero!)
Shopped at the Chapeau

Epcot
Electric Umbrella
Test Track
Butterfly House/Browsing/Shopping
Club Cool
Soarin'
The Sea with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush (the best version I've seen yet!)
Illuminations

BACK TO MAGIC KINGDOM
Watched the end of Wishes from the gate (sad ending cuz we didn't make it in time to get in...oh well).

Judging by their faces, their (what seemed to be) sincere gratitude, and the sheer amount of things we did in less than twelve hours, I would call it an extremely successful day. Today meant a lot to my brother as well because he loves Disney SO much like I do and he wanted his gf to love it as much as he does, so this was kind of like a little present to him from me as well. It was fun and flattering to have people trust me enough to let me guide them around.

In addition, it was also really amazing to have people adopt me for the day and feel like I had some family here, even if I didn't really know them except for my brother's gf. I am going to miss them and now miss my family even more! Still...what a wonderful, exhausting, and more-than-adjectives-can-describe-fun! I really felt like I was bringing some magic into their lives...how often can you say that?

Good night!

"Thank you for staying with us, and we wish you magical dreams."


1 comment:

  1. You need to post more Ashlie! I love your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete