BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Enormous Update

I have been a slacker...which is sad because there are so many magical memories I have/make every day.

People to remember:

Poppy at parade (little Scottish girl whom I "adopted", played with, danced with, and skipped around with like a Disney commercial).

Little girl in Belle costume who, when I said "Happy Birthday Princess Belle," she stepped back a few steps, took her father's hand and says "And this is my Prince."

The numerous little kids who have asked me how I did the trick in Anubis (see Great Movie Ride explanations) or changed my voice (that one made me laugh).

Little girl (9ish?) and boy (5ish?) who CLEARLY are Disney fanatics in the making as they had the most brilliant/excited/engaged smiles during my show...reminded me of my brother and myself and how we feel about Disney...THAT is rare to find.

The families I have done "Magical Moments" for...such as "back-dooring" them through our "Celebrity Entrance" and helped them make their own celebrity hand prints with paint on keepsake passes.

The fun I've had with friends and our villainous characters. "What do I look like, an April Fool? I said get over here!" ~Mugsi on April Fool's Day. The gangster gender switcheroo. The giggles in Oz between Tour Guides.

There are SOOO many more I could detail, but I do forget sometimes.

I've had such an amazing time at The Great Movie Ride and it amazes me to think that I only have like 12 or less days there before I start my Professional Internship! Which, by the way, is going to be at the Animation Building backstage at Disney's Hollywood Studios...so it will be the perfect type of change: different scenery, different tasks, same feeling :)


Then there are all the Disney/outside Disney memories and people I have met. That could go on and on and shall have to be a tale for another day. Ok...well I will mention for you Tower of Terror fanatics that I did ride the last ride of the night into the Twilight Zone sitting next to a bellhop...in his costume. It was pretty awesome...

Oh, and I'm moving to a new apartment. Let's just say my roommate situation has not been ideal..............at all. But regardless, I'm excited to make new friends. The upside/downside is that I will be living in a new complex, of which many buildings are designed specifically for Disney Professional Interns: Cumberland Park. There are also regular Florida residents who live there (and a few Great Movie Riders!). It is across International Drive from Patterson. However, I will now need to be signed in to the four Disney housing complexes as a guest and can no longer take Disney transportation. I find this to be unjust and am considering writing an email to someone. I have read mixed reviews about this place from current residents but considering a few things I know (including about how security is not as tight but that it is considerably less safe - friends and I were able to bypass being buzzed in and just followed a car in), I am a bit nervous/skeptical. We will see what it is like...

So that is all for now, and I hope you, my followers, still read this and will be happy to see an update.
For now,

Princess Ash

PS - I am officially a college graduate from Boston University with two degrees :) Yay!


PPS - Prince Charlie visits next weekend...my mom visits the weekend after that to help me move! Hooray for visitors!

PPS - Last night for Wishes and Spectromagic until August 15th...I am working until 10:30 so I will not make it, which is sad. Oh well. Why is it going away? DO YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK??? Summer Nightastic of course! You don't know what that is? Fine...I'll inform you. Click the image below.

1 comment:

  1. I am not so sure how I feel about Cumberland either! I was looking forward to leaving in Patterson, and your facts about the place don't help me feel any better. Let us know if you write an email and if you get a response. I think we should be allowed in the housing complexes like everyone else, and allowed to take the buses if we can--since we didn't choose to be moved. I also don't like the fact that 6 people share 2 bathrooms, 1 of which is in the master bedroom! How uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete